Last night Nick and I met to discuss outstanding art requirements and direction for the game. We also ran some gameplay testing over the Wifi LAN.
Doors have added significant depth to the gameplay, and prevented the instant picking off of weapons that occured previously, which is hard to recover from. You can build your weapons in (relative) safety, before opening to fire.
We’ve identified several balance issues, as well as additions and simplifications to make.
The game held up well over several games, with only one instance of the two clients getting out sync, where the game states diverge and players do not see the same things happen. It’s one of the biggest challenges with this game.