G’day Forts Fans!
When players were asked to pick their least favorite ranked map Skylands was the clear choice by an almost 2 to 1 margin. We will fondly remember Skylands for the many tense matches along with plentiful memes, but it’s time to retire from the ranked pool. How can we fill the void it will leave behind? By holding another map making competition of course!
The winning map from this tournament will follow in the footsteps of Cronkhinator’s Desert Ruins and become the newest addition to the ranked pool. Furthermore, at the the discretion of the judges runners-up may also be considered for addition into the built-in maps available within the From Scratch tab.
The event will consist of two stages. Competitors have from now until 6pm UTC Oct 23rd to submit their maps in accordance with the rules below. From there, Our judges will select 10 finalists whose maps will be judged live on streams Nov 6th 8pm UTC. A group of top players will compete in exhibition matches while the judges rate the map. The winning entry will be added to the ranked map rotation pending revisions. The map creator will also be awarded the Map Making Champion medal in game and the Map Making Champion role on Discord. Don’t miss your chance to help decide which map becomes a part of Forts history!
Live Nov 6th 8pm UTC
In order to participate you will need to:
- Have Forts
- Familiarise yourself with The Forts Map editor and Style Guide
- Create and submit a map that fulfills all requirements by Oct 23rd 6pm UTC
- An original map created from scratch
- Balanced for competitive 1v1 play
- Begin with 1-3 Mines
- Have a wind floor set
- Allow flexibility with weapons and strategies
- Receive the Symmetric tag on the Workshop
- Have suitable performance on all computers
How to submit your map
- Upload your map to the Steam Workshop with the name “FMMT3 – yoursteamname” example, FMMT3 – Romerolagus
- Set your Workshop visibility to Hidden
- On the Official Forts Discord, direct message @Romerolagus with a link to your entry
Maps will be graded according to appearance, gameplay potential, and Forts best practices. A more detailed description of the full grading criteria can be found on Discord. We look forward to seeing your creativity on display.
The Forts Map Editor Guide
The Forts Map Editor Style Guide
Good luck to all the competitors and have fun!