G’day Forts fans!
When we polled the Forts Pro League players at the conclusion of last season they were overwhelmingly in favor of expanding the current map pool. What better inspiration could there possibly be for a new map competition? We’re looking for 2v2 maps balanced for high level competitive Moonshot play.
The winning creator will receive a $100 Steam gift card, Map Maker Champion in-game medal, and have their map promoted in-game, on Steam, and across social media with an opportunity to be included in the upcoming FPL Season 2 map pool.
Are you excited for season 2?
The event will consist of two stages:
Stage 1 – Map makers will be able to submit their maps starting on June 10th 8PM UTC and ending on June 17th 8PM UTC in accordance with the rules below. Maps submitted before June 10th 8PM UTC or after June 17th 8PM UTC will not be accepted.
Stage 2 – Our judges will select the 5 best entries to go into the Live Stream June 24th 8PM UTC, where a group of top players will compete in exhibition matches to showcase each map while the judges look on.
- $100 Steam gift card
- In-game Map Maker Champion medal and accompanying role on Discord.
- The winning map will be promoted in-game, on Steam, and across social media with an opportunity to be included in the FPL Season 2 map pool.
- $50 Steam gift card
- $20 Steam gift card
Date – June 24th 8PM UTC
In order to participate you will need to:
- Have Forts
- Familiarise yourself with The Forts Map editor and Style Guide
- Create and submit a map that fulfills all requirements between June 10th 8pm UTC and June 17th 8pm UTC
- An original Moonshot (no High Seas dependency) map created from scratch
- Balanced for competitive 2v2 play (FPL)
- Begin with 1-3 Mines
- Allow flexibility with weapons and strategies
- Receive the Symmetric tag on the Workshop
- Have suitable performance on all computers
How to submit your map
- Upload your map to the Steam Workshop with the name “FMMC5 – yoursteamname” example, FMMC5 – Romerolagus
- Select a separate map name to include with your entry submission.
- Set your Workshop visibility to Unlisted
- On the Official Forts Discord, direct message @42 scientist#0042 with a link to your entry and the desired name for your map before June 17th 8pm UTC.
Maps will be graded according to appearance, gameplay potential, and Forts best practices. A more detailed description of the full grading criteria will be made available on Discord. We look forward to seeing your creativity on display.
In order to improve your map’s chances of winning, check out these guides on Steam for best practices:
The Forts Map Editor Guide
The Forts Map Editor Style Guide
Good luck to all the competitors and have fun!