G’day Forts Fans! We’re back with a new tournament announcement, but first we’d like to bring your attention to the recent map making tournament that took place this past weekend.
Map Making Tournament
One of our biggest supporters Cronkhinator from the Official German FORTS Discord, along with help from 42 Scientist organised the very first Forts Map Making Tournament. The winner was M4r0x with his map MMT1F M4r0x (for which he will receive an in-game medal seen below in recognition), with SamsterBirdies coming in as the runner up.
Huge congrats to everyone involved for branching the Forts Tournaments into an interesting and exciting new direction. You can watch the chilled out tournament from two perspectives, via Smash Gaming (Frazzz) and Project Incursus streams…
[previewyoutube=BoLrsCwfjNU;leftthumb]Smash Gaming (Frazzz)[/previewyoutube][previewyoutube=XK7VPt7gXsA;leftthumb]Project Incursus.[/previewyoutube]
You can see the final scorecard here.
Forts Tournament XVI
It’s been over half a year since our last official Forts Tournament and the time has come to see who is the the current top Forts player in the world!
This will be a 1v1 Moonshot Tournament with regular and capture point maps. It is being organised by the ever helpful 42 Scientist @ [FR/Official] FORTS Communauté Véritable, and is open to everyone and all languages. Once again, the battle maps will be chosen by audience vote during the live stream. You can vote here.
The tournament stream will be hosted by the endlessly supportive Project Incursus and Frazzz, with a cameo appearance by Nozehed as himself.
In order to participate, you must do the following…
- Join the FORTS Discord
- Send a direct message on Discord to 42 scientist#6023 saying you want to compete.
- Your name on Discord and Steam have to match.
- No long, obscure or offensive names allowed.
- At this stage you will be entered into the tournament bracket as a competitor.
- Log into the Tournament channel on the Forts discord during the tournament.
- Tournament starts March 7th, 2020 at…
- 12pm (PDT West Coast USA)
- 3pm (EST East Coast USA)
- 8PM UTC/GMT (London)
- 9PM CET (France)
- 5AM AEDT March 8th (Eastern Australia)
- 1v1 Moonshot Standard Battles and Capture Points
- Single Elimination
- 15 minute battle time limit
- Maps chosen by audience vote
- Ton of Guns enabled
- Moonshot enabled
- Portals enabled
- Commanders enabled
- Draws decided by core damage inflicted (total damage if same core damage)
- 16 competitors max
- No suicides
- 2nd round is in capture point mode
- 3rd round and Finals are normal best of 3 with capture point tie-breaker
- Late or missing players instantly forfeit
(chosen by viewers during the tournament)
note: Earthwork Games reserves the right to make changes to this event as needed See this post on Steam