G’day Forts fans!
As teased last month on the Forts Official Discord Tournament XX will be held on August 14th at the North American friendly time of 4PM EDT. Players from all regions are still welcome to participate of course. But it may be rather late or early depending on your local timezone. To keep up with all the latest Forts news and get advance notice on upcoming events, be sure to join us on Discord at the link above.
The format will be 4v4 Death Match double elimination and the theme of Tournament XX will be Up Close and Personal. As the rounds progress the [strike]circle[/strike] maps will bring players closer together to share the joy. Expect early aggression, scrappy battles, and frantic action. In a final twist inspired by Reloflex’s Pro League, win or lose each team may only select a given commander once during the tournament, so choose wisely!
Tournament eligibility has been expanded to include past Ranked seasons. Players who finished within the top 100 of any previous season now qualify to enter the tournament. Check your placements here:
In order to participate, you must do the following…
- Finish within the top 100 of ANY of past Ranked seasons. Check your placements here:
- Season Rankings
- Join the Official FORTS Discord
- Select a team name (max 12 characters) and team tag (max 3 characters). Ex: [DFC]
- Form a team of 4 players
- Team members must have the same name on Steam and Discord and include the team tag
- Select a team logo, 128×128 pixels
- Inappropriate competitor or team names or logos will not be accepted
- Send a direct message on Discord to Romerolagus#9918 with your team name, roster (including Steam ID’s for ranking confirmation), and team logo
- Tournament starts August 14th, 2021 at…
- 1PM PDT (West Coast USA)
- 4PM EDT (East Coast USA)
- 9PM BST (London)
- 10PM CEST (France, Germany)
- 6AM AEDT (Australia August 15th)
- 4v4 Death Match
- Double elimination
- 15 minute time limit
- Tons of Guns enabled
- Moonshot enabled
- Portals enabled
- Commanders enabled
- Each team may only use any given commander once during the tournament
- Draws decided by core damage inflicted (total damage if same core damage)
- 8 Teams max (Join quickly!)
- No inappropriate player or team names or logos
- Player Discord and Steam names must match and include team tag
- All players must have finished within the top 100 of ANY previous Ranked season. Check your placement here:
- Team names limited to 12 characters
- Team tags limited to 3 characters
- Team logos must be 128×128 pixels
- Check-in on Discord at least 15 minutes before tournament start
- Late or absent players forfeit their matches
- Use of exploits, for self-charging or any other purpose, is strictly forbidden.
- Earthwork Games reserves the right to make changes to this event as needed
Observer Tools provided by Ximsa
We are taking suggestions!
If there is a map you would like to see in Tournament XX join us on Discord and let us know. Map candidates should be symmetrical, balanced for competitive play, and conducive to early game play. A great example would be the delightful Squirrel’s Peak map.