G’day Forts fans!
Are you ready to crown a 1v1 High Seas champion?
The new High Seas team strategies were on full display last tournament. Now it’s time for the best individual players in Forts to show what they can do. Will they dare go for early orbitals without a teammate backing them up? Are deckguns the new old reliable? How will the High Seas weapons play out on vanilla maps? Join us as we find out together!
Tournament XXIV will be a High Seas 1v1 Deathmatch tournament. And for our friends in the EU we’ll also be starting a few hours earlier this event so more of you can participate. To that end the tournament date is set for July 2nd at 1PM ET, which would be 7PM CET. We’re planning for between 8-16 players, and either double or single elimination depending on turnout. As before, we will also be extending the match time limit to 20 minutes. Hosting the event will be Bobereto, Frazzz and Project Incursus.
On to the details.
Will there be qualifying
Not this time. With the earlier start time we’ve made spaces for up to 16 players.
Single Elimination or Double Elimination?
This will be based on the final number of participants. If enough players register to warrant single elimination the finals will be best of 3, time permitting.
How will players be seeded?
With High Seas being new and no competitors having an established High Seas record, seedings will be based on aggregated results from Tournament XXIII and the most recent ranked season.
What maps will be used?
Selected From Scratch High Seas and standard maps.
What about commander bans?
Yes, we will have commander bans this tournament.
If you have any additional questions please contact us on Discord.
How do I join?
In order to participate, you must do the following…
- Join the Official FORTS Discord
- Your name on Discord and Steam must match
- Inappropriate competitor names will not be accepted
- Send a direct message on Discord to Romerolagus#9918 to register
- If you would like a different player icon than your Discord profile image, include a 128x128 pixel image with your registration
- Entries will be accepted up until July 1st 4PM ET (11PM CET)
- Maximum of 16 total participants for Tournament XXIV
- Tournament XXIV starts July 2nd, 2022 at…
- 10AM (PT West Coast USA)
- 1PM (ET East Coast USA)
- 6PM UTC/GMT +1 (London)
- 7PM CEST (France, Germany)
- 3AM AEST July 3rd (Eastern Australia)
- The FORTS Tournament lobby
- The Official FORTS Discord
- 1v1 Deathmatch
- Single or double elimination based on turnout
- Best of 3 Finals if time permits
- 20 minute time limit
- High Seas enabled (no capture ammo)
- Tons of Guns enabled
- Moonshot enabled
- Portals enabled
- Commanders enabled
- Commander bans! Each team selects 1 commander to ban at the start of each game
- Failure to honour the bans will result in immediate disqualification
- Draws decided by core damage inflicted (total damage if same core damage)
- Maximum of 16 teams
- Check-in on Discord at least 1 hour before tournament start
- Late or absent players forfeit their matches
- Use of exploits or bugs for self-charging or any other purpose is strictly forbidden.
- Earthwork Games reserves the right to make changes to this event as needed
Selected From Scratch maps included with Forts.